Del Hardin and his loyal companions

Del Hardin and his loyal companions
Meet the heroes: Grendel, Victoria, Del, Killian, Slith, & Amadeus

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Finding The Trickster's Key...

Greetings friends and well wishers,

I've started this blog as a means to more regularly update those of you who have asked about my writing and my endeavors to find a publisher. As many of you know, the series that I have plotted and will be working towards completing is known collectively as "The Avalon Saga" hence the name for the blog. I may, from time to time bring up other pieces that I'm working on or possibly share random poems or short stories; we'll see. The second purpose behind this blog is to help keep me on task. I hope to update once to twice a week, which should at the very least keep me thinking about my books. I know, you're probably saying to yourself "but Greg, shouldn't that be easy?"... Honestly, not always. Many things can distract and I figure that having this blog might bring home some accountability on my end and keep me moving along at a more consistent pace. Any way, since this is a blog dedicated to my writing and my book series; allow me to provide you with a synopsis for my first book (currently completed and under editorial review) which is titled "The Trickster's Key"

In the near future mankind is locked in a war with an enemy the likes of which the modern world has never faced. The hosts of Avalon and the wrathful Fae Lords have returned to reclaim the mortal world as their own. Beings once thought of as fairytales and myths march against mankind, cities fall, and battles rage. While Avalon's war machine keeps turning a flickering flame of hope shines in the darkness as a long forgotten being of ancient power reaches out for aid; and his call is answered. 

Enter Del Hardin, a captain in the army that has been gathered by the Company of Elders to fight against the Fae Lords. Through fated circumstance he is summoned to a once beautiful city that has succumbed to darkness. It is there that he first hears the voice of the Norse god of fire, the mischievous Loki; who is now a prisoner bartering for rescue. In return for his freedom Loki promises to help end the war with Avalon, a war that he himself is responsible for.

Now, tasked with liberating the trickster; Del and a band of loyal companions must first find something Loki has lost and along the way lift the darkness that has descended upon the city of San Francisco. They will take the first step towards freeing a captive deity; in the hopes that with his aid they can at last end the war with Avalon. As the quest for Loki's liberation begins, all chance of success rests on the shoulders of six companions as they journey into unknown dangers to find and reclaim The Trickster's Key.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like it could be a very fun series.

    Yes, I think a blog could 'guilt' a person into a consistent schedule, and people's comment can counteract one of the worst problems in writing: The feeling of total isolation.

    I look forward to reading the series.

    ReplyDelete